A car boot sale is like a giant garage sale where people gather at a site after loading up their car boots with clothes, toys, household items, sporting equipment etc that the family has grown out of and sells it from their car or a table in front of their car.
The market is open to shoppers during the same hours of the Rotary Waikerie Riverfront Market. You can join our markets on these dates. Check the calendar.
Remember… One man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
If you have a garage full of stuff you do not know what to do with, then try the famous Rotary Waikerie Riverfront Market Car Boot & Collectables Sale.
For only $20 you can make some cash from your trash!
Or if you love a second-hand bargain then you are sure to find it amongst the boots full of pre-loved fashion, books, toys, homewares, tools, bits and bobs!
To participate as a seller, you need to be able to comply with these terms and conditions:
- Car Boot Sellers $20 fee payments are collected on the day.
- Entry to car boot selling area opens 1 hour prior to the main market opening.
- There are no good or bad sites, so rushing to be first is of no advantage.
- Sites are allocated in sequence – you cannot pick your own site.
- If you want a site next to a friend, your friend must enter directly before or after you.
- Each seller gets 2 spaces – one to park the car and one to sell from
- Sellers must trade for the ENTIRE time the main market is open (there is no early exit).
- For safety reasons there will be absolutely NO VEHICLE MOVEMENTS WHILE THE MAIN MARKET IS OPEN within the car boot selling area.
- If you sell out, or want to stop selling, put all your belongings in your car, lock it up and visit the main market.
- All goods sold must be second-hand or personally hand made.
- Sorry, no takeaway food or drink sellers.
- No fruit or veg sellers at the Car Boot & Collectables Sale.
- Sellers need to bring their own equipment i.e., shade structure, tables, racks etc. if needed.
- Cars, utes, 4WD’s and standard size vans only – no trailers and no trucks or long wheel-based vans.
- Everything you intend to sell must come in the vehicle you drive in – no additional times can be ‘walked in’ later to add to your site.
- Pack up is at the closing time of the main market.
- Do not forget to bring a change float, hat and sunscreen.
- Please take your own rubbish home with you.
- All sellers should have hand sanitiser available for their customers.
- All sellers should use sanitiser after handling cash.
If you are unsure if the Car Boot & Collectables Sale is on due to weather, please check our Facebook page
for a wet weather update. If it is rained out and cancelled, we will also have a recorded update on our Rotary Waikerie Riverfront Market mobile phone.