A car boot sale is like a giant garage sale where people gather at a site after loading up their car boots with clothes, toys, household items, sporting equipment etc that the family has grown out of and sells it from their car or a table in front of their car.
The market is open to shoppers during the same hours of the Rotary Waikerie Riverfront Market. You can join our markets on theses dates
- Sunday June 12 9am until 2pm
- Sunday September 4 9am until 2pm
- Sunday November 27 9am until 2pm
- Sunday October 2 3pm until 8pm (Our twilight market)
- Sunday December 18 9am until 2pm
Remember… One man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
If you have a garage full of stuff you do not know what to do with, then try the famous Rotary Waikerie Riverfront Market Car Boot & Collectables Sale.
For only $20 you can make some cash from your trash!
Or if you love a second-hand bargain then you are sure to find it amongst the boots full of pre-loved fashion, books, toys, homewares, tools, bits and bobs!
To participate as a seller, you need to be able to comply with these terms and conditions:
- Car Boot Sellers $20 fee payments are collected on the day.
- Entry to car boot selling area opens at 8am on the fourth Sunday of every month.
- There are no good or bad sites, so rushing to be first is of no advantage.
- Sites are allocated in sequence – you cannot pick your own site.
- If you want a site next to a friend, your friend must enter directly before or after you.
- Each seller gets 2 spaces – one to park the car and one to sell from
- Sellers must trade from 9am to 2pm (there is no early exit)
- For safety reasons there will be absolutely NO VEHICLE MOVEMENTS BETWEEN 9AM AND 2PM within the car boot selling area.
- If you sell out, or want to stop selling, put all your belongings in your car, lock it up and visit the main market.
- All goods sold must be second-hand or personally hand made.
- Sorry, no takeaway food or drink sellers.
- No fruit or veg sellers at the Car Boot & Collectables Sale.
- Sellers need to bring their own equipment i.e., shade structure, tables, racks etc. if needed.
- Cars, utes, 4WD’s and standard size vans only – no trailers and no trucks or long wheel-based vans.
- Everything you intend to sell must come in the vehicle you drive in – no additional times can be ‘walked in’ later to add to your site.
- Pack up is 2pm.
- Do not forget to bring a change float, hat and sunscreen.
- Please take your own rubbish home with you.
- All sellers should have hand sanitiser available for their customers.
- All sellers should use sanitiser after handling cash.
- All sellers should enforce social distancing in your selling space.
If you are unsure if the Car Boot & Collectables Sale is on due to weather, please check our Facebook page
for a wet weather update. If it is rained out and cancelled, we will also have a recorded update on our Rotary Waikerie Riverfront Market mobile phone.